Child Support & Spousal Support

Livingston County Child Support Attorney

Protecting You And Your Child's Best Interests in Monroe County

Divorce brings a myriad of changes and you may be facing a significant change in your lifestyle or circumstances as a result.

Whether you need to determine child support or spousal support, we can be your trusted guide to ensure you have the resources needed to provide for yourself and your family.

At Duke Law Firm, P.C., I work closely with every client, so they feel confident, informed and prepared through every step of their divorce.

I’m committed to your future and passionate about helping you reach your goals.

How is Child Support Calculated in New York

Raising children can be expensive and going from a two-income household to a single-income household may be stressful.

In New York, the amount of child support is based on a specific set of criteria which translates into a specific percentage of the noncustodial parent’s income.

Can Child Support Be Waived in New York?

Yes, child support may be waived, so long as the waiver is in writing and approved by the court. 

The waiver must include certain statutory language, including setting forth what the amount of child support was required to be paid by law is being waived, why the waiver is being approved by the court, and be signed by the court and both parties (the one obligated to pay support and the one waiving support). 

This is true even if both parties may have no obligation to pay support, such as in the rare situation when both parents earn exactly the same income and have equal time with their children. 

At Duke Law Firm, we can help assess your financial situation to ensure the amount set by the court is fair.  We can also make sure all contributing factors to your finances are taken into consideration and advocate for your interests to ensure your resources are distributed fairly.

Spousal Support Attorney

How an Attorney Can Help You With Spousal Support

When you’re worried about what the next chapter of your life looks like, you shouldn’t also have to worry about paying your bills. There are many legitimate reasons to seek spousal support during a divorce.

We understand the importance of finding financial stability after going through the stress of divorce and can help assess your financial situation to determine your needs in the next phase of your life.

A temporary order of support may be obtained to assist you with your finances while you are going through a separation or divorce.

Can Support Orders be Modified?

If you’ve had a significant change in circumstances and need your child support or spousal support order changed, we can help you petition the court or file a motion to modify your order or judgment.

We are a vocal and persistent advocate for every client we work with, and we can assist you throughout the complex process of getting your payments adjusted to best meet your needs and current situation.

Can A Lawyer Help Increase or Reduce Child Support?

If you need to change your current child support amount, an attorney can help you prove to a judge why you need to decrease or increase your child support order or judgment by filing a modification request.  While everyone has the right to request a review due to the passing of three years since the entry of the order or due a change of income of 15% or more, there may be other causes for changing your child support.

Let Us Help You File for Child Support

Whatever your situation is, you shouldn’t be afraid of what life will look like after divorce. We can help you confidently chart a course towards a bright and successful future that you can look forward to. 

Consultation with Attorney Kat Fantigrossi

Consultation with Attorney Catherine M. Fafone-Moyer 

Consultation with Attorney Heidi Feinberg

Call Duke Law Firm, P.C. today at 585-449-4987 to discuss how separation may affect your finances. You can also send a message online with your questions and concerns.

At Duke Law Firm, We Are:
  • Confidently Skilled
  • Compassionately Assertive
  • Attentively Dependable
Contact Our Offices

Whether you have questions or you’re ready to get started, our legal team is ready to help. Complete our form below or call us at (585) 449-4987.

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy